Friday, February 26, 2010

classes, really?

one week of classes done. twelve to go. my schedule isn't too bad: mondays i have one class, studio drawing(shoot me) from 2-5. tuesdays, outdoor education lecture from 12-12:50, wednesday outdoor education tutorial, 12-1:50, and then the glory day... thursday, sociology from 10-11:50, australia, asia and the world lecture from 12-12:50 then the tutorial from 3-5. ew. and friday im freeee! i got lost about 17 times during this week and looked like a complete douche with a map in my hand going in circles. and let's not forget the pit stains. the great thing about this week was that i walked into sociology and the first thing the teacher says is that class meets fortnightly. it took me about all of class to figure out what that meant. we only meet once every two weeks!! perfection. i just loved how she said fortnightly, and everyone in the class understood right away, except me. cool. studio drawing is probably going to kick my butt, i'm sure you've all seen my incredible drawing skills. they are that of a 7 year old and i'm not so sure that's what the teacher is looking for. I am super excited about outdoor education. we have two field trips planned already and we only have to meet the weeks before trips to plan out food with our groups. our first trip is mid march and i cant wait! i also just got my confirmation email about my spring break trip so i am officially going to central australia, THE OUTBACK!, for 8 days! no shower, no bathroom and sleeping under the stars. wooo!

tuesday night there was mexican food at the uni bar for 5 dollars. my friends and i decided to try it out, wimpy burrito and they didn't even give us seconds. what a bummer. i miss three amigos and el taco so much. thursday night was the rainbow toga party at the uni bar and that was awesome! we all got a different color material and rocked it as a toga. now its decoration for my brick wall of a room. =]

its been pretty rainy here lately but still warm. every time there's even a 20 minute clearing i'm out there trying to get my tan on. i found a good little running loop so i don't become obese due to the non stop eating of candy and drinking goon. this morning we went to the beach with these boys who were going surfing. we went to the coolest little beach that was all secluded and it had the prettiest sand. i loved it! they were telling us that they got stung by these things called blue bottles. that could be the completely wrong name because every time i repeated it to them they laughed at me... haha but they picked one up and showed it to me and it looks like a tiny jellyfish with a little blue tail. weird. its not very harmful just a little sting and somehow i still went in the water after that but i mostly just sat there read my book and took some notes on their technique. ill be a pro surfer in no time. =]

my favorite lingo here so far is heaps. everything is in heaps. ie: thanks heaps, heaps of fun, heaps hot, raining heaps. i love it.

miss you all heaps. =]

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post sweety pie. I read it and totally feel like you are just talking to me :)
    Still so glad you are having an excellent time.
    People are enjoying your posts.
    Be very careful in the ocean...
    Love,love,love you. MOM & DAD

    ReplyDelete